Andrew found this underneath the bed in our little place when looking for his violin. So, whose shoe are you?!? It is not his, nor mine – so that only leaves whoever “lived” here prior to us…and that just creeps me out. How long has it been there? Why hasn't it been noticed before now? I don't think I truly want to know those answers. Gross and creepy.
It does, I suppose, serve as a shoe-in for my real thoughts now, which revolve around pictures of Bishop’s Orchard today. Lovely fun! :D
| See the nets up above?! |
That's Bennie walking along the narrow paths of the blueberry bushes at the orchard. They have multiple seasonal orchards available for the public to come and pick their own produce at a much more economical price than anything offered at any grocery store/supermarket. Wow – how much fun it is! It was a humid day for the area, though I am not grumbling by any means, especially as I am most grateful it’s only 90 and not in the triple digits like down South!
| Buckets full of blueberries |
Bennie gleefully exclaimed how much he is looking forward to his blue poo! :D Sorry if that is too much information, but one can never have too many blueberries!
I was most amazed at how nest-like the roots appeared, knotted together and gnarled at the base with an abundance of mossy-like, straw-colored shoots serving as protection. Quite fascinating little bit of nature!
| Note to self: don't eat the green ones! |
That would be the sour face, when one is curious enough to try the unripe version of the fat, juicy, violet berries. Hey, you only live once, right?!
My artistic attempt to capture the lovely green berries ensconced amidst the riper ones, which hang lower to the ground when they’re ready for picking. It’s amazing! I can only imagine how much fun it’d be to bring Korbin and Kielry here for a fun time! The children we saw were filled with a vivaciousness for picking and tasting, discussing with Mom the pies and jams to come. Sweetness to the soul alongside good labor of the land. I am beginning to like this place!
Anyone want to bring their kiddos for a visit to the orchard? You are always most welcome! Just give us six more days – let the countdown begin! Six more sleeps, dubbed by Korbin or Kierly or Oma or Opa. Six more sleeps, and we’ll FINALLY see the light at the end of the house-hunting/closing tunnel! YAY!!!!!
God is so good, for He provides always in His time for His little ones. How He loves us, each and every one of us! :D
Pray for Bennie, please, as he’s on night shifts again for the next week. Quite trying, though he’s quite able. Thanks for reading and for your prayers! God bless ya’ll!

No comments:
Post a Comment